Between Forgetting and Remembering

喜欢阅读郭宝昆的文字,因为他常常让我思考,思考我应该如何思考,thinking about thinking.
“......If you measure one generation in terms of 20 years,that is three generations.The present student population of Singapore is about 400,000. I think 40 years ago the student population was probably larger, at half a million.So over 45 years to 50 years,three generations,1.5 million Singaporeans have actually gone through the National Library.For many,not once or twice,but many times.I think we all remember something of the National Library. Now,1.5 million out of 3.2 million Singaporeans have the National Library as a part of their lived memories.How do you compare that value with the value of re-tunneling the route?How do you compare that value with the National Day Parade,for which we pour in probably hundreds of millions,if not more,over the last 35 years? Nobody would deny the legitimacy or necessity of the National Day Parade,but how does it compare with the lived memory in our blood,bodies,emotions,and thinking,all of which are related to three generations of Singaporeans? I would like to pose that for reflection."(Memories and the National Library:Between Forgetting and Remembering,2000)
读到这一段,突然哽咽泪下。"The thinking,emotions and feelings become probably more and more important."
无怪乎,每次开车到Stamford Road,就会在那一带兜圈子,怎样都去不到目的地。是忘不了旧时路?还是记不得新方向?有些事情不是说忘记就能忘记,有些事情不是要记得就会记得。

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

香根草气息

觉知生命的寻常即无常

关于潘靖颖《柠檬》阅读心得